Emergency Dentistry – Cartersville, GA
Same-Day Smile Care When You Need It Most
No one ever sees a dental emergency coming, and they always seem to strike at the worst possible times. Maybe your child knocked out a tooth while playing outdoors, or maybe you’re dealing with an intense toothache from an infection you didn’t even know you had. Whatever the case may be, you can count on our team at Family Dentistry of Bartow County for same-day smile care when you need it most. If you’re dealing with a dental emergency, call us right away so that we can relieve your discomfort and get your smile back on track.
Why Choose Family Dentistry of Bartow County for Emergency Dentistry?
- Same-Day Dental Appointments for Emergency Patients
- Nitrous Oxide Sedation Offered for Comfort
- Conveniently Located Dental Office in Downtown Cartersville
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
The moment you feel that something may not be quite right with your oral health, please give us a call. Here’s how our team will take it from there:
- Over the phone, a member of our team will ask you about your symptoms and schedule an appointment for you. If there’s any way possible for us to see you that same day, we’ll make it happen. We can also give you basic tips for minimizing your discomfort in the interim.
- As soon as you arrive at our office, Dr. Obeid will perform an emergency exam of your mouth. This may involve taking digital X-rays if he can’t identify the source of the problem with his eyes alone.
- Obeid will share his findings with you and go over his treatment recommendations. We’ll also break down our estimates for the costs and go over the timeline of addressing your emergency.
- Lastly, we’ll get to work on healing your smile. Dr. Obeid’s expertise allows him to perform an impressive number of dental treatments in-house to streamline your care.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
It’s always important to remain calm during a dental emergency. Panicking could prevent you from using precious time to save your tooth. Obviously, it’s easier to keep a level head when you know how to handle the situation. Below are some basic first aid tips for handling the most common dental emergencies ahead of your appointment.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
The only way we can provide you with an accurate cost estimate for treating your dental emergency is by having Dr. Obeid examine your mouth first. Before then, we can’t know which treatments you’ll need. Rest assured that before we start any procedures, we’ll walk you through your payment options, including dental insurance and CareCredit financing. We’re an in-network provider for several leading dental plans, and we’d love to help you save as much as we can.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
Even though some dental emergencies are simply unavoidable, the majority of them can be prevented with the right precautions, such as:
- Brushing and flossing every day.
- Visiting our Family Dentistry of Bartow County team twice a year for regular cleanings and checkups.
- Protecting your teeth with a mouthguard when playing sports.
- Wearing a nightguard if you grind your teeth while you sleep.
- Not using your teeth to open packaging.